We are seeking a multi-talented candidate to fill the senior role of ‘Urban Mobility (UM) – Project Manager’ within TfC.
You will work with and lead cross-functional teams on consulting engagements covering public transit, transport planning, sustainable mobility and electrification. Typical projects include data collection and management, analytics and modelling, policy analysis and design; and capacity building.
Your objective is to:
- Design project proposals and turn client needs into actionable projects.
- Bring creative thinking and develop innovative solutions to address complex urban mobility challenges.
- Deliver within the agreed scope, budget, time plan and quality standards to obtain client satisfaction.
- Mentor a cadre of professional staff.
You will work directly in an external capacity to represent TfC with international clients, political leaders, and beneficiaries. You will work closely with consortium partners and subject matter experts across the globe. You will also interface with key donors.
This position is self-managed, includes a steep learning curve, international travel and work-from home
- Engage in business development and develop a market presence, in close collaboaration with the Business Development Lead
- Deliver effective, high-quality proposals (scope, methodology, time, cost)
- Manage and deliver successful projects (time, cost, quality) as Project Manager
- Drive technical analysis (Urban Mobility), report writing and presentations to clients
- Manage, supervise and coach more junior members of the team;
- Drive own career path and network (internal and external).
Experience & Skills required
- Significant track record and technical expertise in working in the transport field
- Proven ability in work winning and leading projects to a successful conclusion
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills (ability to back up opinions with well-constructed, evidenced arguments and confidently explain complex analysis to non-specialists via reporting and presentations); and
- Client facing and/or client-side experience
- Master’s degree in urban planning, public policy, political science, economics, transport engineering or another related field is required.
- Have experience in the transport field. 5+ years of relevant work experience, with at least 1 year in a senior management role
Why join TfC
- TfC is a mission-driven, team member owned organization. We all share a sense of urgency to address the developing challenges confronting our growing cities and deliver value.
- A culture of “professionalism, trust, and flexibility of the work environment, as well as [a] balance between challenges (of TfC’s mission and the work itself) and support.”
- A competitive salary and annual profit-share
- Benefits include health insurance, laptop allowance, expense account and fully flexible vacations
How to Apply
To apply, please fill-in the application form and upload your CV and a letter of motivation through this link.
Quality referrals and recommendations are highly appreciated.
This is a rolling admission process; first applicants will be contacted sooner.
Final applications will be accepted on August 30th