Project Manager – EV-Bus Implementation
Overview / Mission of Function
Responsible managing the Electric Bus (e-bus) Demonstration Project Detailed Planning and Design Study for Cairo Transport Authority (CTA) project (>$1M), including project management (scope, schedule, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risks, procurement & changes) and coordination of the established consortium to successfully support the CTA in implementing 100 E-buses in Cairo by the end of 2023.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Transport Engineer Deputy Team Leader KE 2, report to the TfC principal, work with TfC team members, all consortium partners and the clients. The Project Manager will be responsible to protect the time of all key experts across all consortium partners and ensure their focus on the value-added activities of the project.
This position will be joining a hard-working, dedicated team working to implement Africa’s largest EV bus programs and pave the way for full electrification of E-buses in Egypt in the longer term. This role is for a candidate that seeks big challenges, where they can leverage all their skill sets, and enjoys wearing many hats. The candidate has a ‘get it done’ attitude with the ability to navigate a complex project landscape with the willingness to drive success.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Project Management (60%)
- Project Management: Analyze and coordinate the scope, schedule, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risks, procurement & change of the project, through the use of provided Project Management Software, Accounting Tools and Time-tracking tools.
- Operations: Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations within the project, overseeing multiple experts working across locations and company boundaries.
- Team Leadership: Lead and guide the work of junior staff.
- Client Management: May serve as a point of contact for the client or customer, and facilitate targeted access to the relevant Key Expert.
Meetings & Events: Coordinate activities of team, consortium partners, beneficiaries or clients to make arrangements for group meetings, workshops, consultations, or webinars.
- Technical Writing: Write technical materials, such as meeting minutes, contracts, user manuals, appendices, operating instructions or other. Prepare bi-weekly powerpoint presentations for the client in Arabic.
- Administrative paperwork and Bookkeeping: Identify, classify, and record numerical and qualitative data to keep financial records and administrative paperwork complete. Perform any combination of routine follow-up, posting, and verifying duties. Compile and record employee time worked.
- Procurement: Buys materials and services or hires independent contractors for the project and team members to function.
Skillset (job specific, technical skills and behavioral competencies needed)
- Experiences with similar projects funded by World Bank or other development partners is preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), with knowledge in other presentational and organizational products or multi-media tools being an advantage
- Proficiency in a Project management software is essential (Gannt Charts, Milestones, workloads, resource management)
- Proficiency in remote work through video conferencing and use of online tools is essential.
- Fluency (Written and spoken) in Arabic and in English required;
- Bachelor’s degree or above in engineering, planning, economics or a related field
- At least 2-10 years of relevant experience, including work-related project management and project management training.1-2 years specifically to transport project implementation.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Competitive Package ranging from EGP 460K – EGP 725k annually
- Project Duration 09/2022 for 3 years
- Access to all of TfCs benefits (Insurance, Health & Parenting, Professional Support & Perks, Flexible working & BYOD)