Overview / Mission of Function
The role of Operations Manager is to enable and ensure the team can work effectively and deliver projects on time at quality. This role position will also take leading TfC’s institutional growth (Initiatives, Organizational Development, Processes) to grow and cement its longevity.
The Operations Manager will also manage talents through acquiring, developing and retaining high-quality talent to work on furthering the TfC mission. Maximize team satisfaction and utilization.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan and implement human resources activities and staff of an organization.
- Perform Job analysis and position description.
- Recruit, screen, interview, or place individuals within TfC and within projects.
- Resolve disputes between workers and managers and handle team complaints.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Manage & implement talent administrative tasks as required, including vacations management, legal compliance, company policies execution, etc.
- Design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, maintain company processes and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Organizes resources and activities across multiple projects as well as maintain interdependencies between projects to maximize returns, knowledge exchange. Monitor business performance across portfolio. Identifies and mitigates project risks.
Finance & Management
- Plan, direct, or coordinate accounting, investing, banking, insurance, securities, and other financial activities of TfC.
- Maintain project and portfolio level budgets.
- Cost Estimation: Prepare cost estimates for TfC operational activities, projects and team members.
Bookkeeping, Accounting & Auditing
- Operate & manage accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Prepare & assist in the preparation of budgets, annual financial accounts, management accounts, expenses and revenue estimates and cash flow forecasts as required.
- Supervise shared services staff and check figures and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes. Coach shared services team members.
- Manage company cash, cheques, bank accounts.
- Comply with government, partner organisation, client and company policies, procedures, and regulations in legal, taxataion and social security matters. Liase with legal team.unting & Auditing
Skillset (job specific, technical skills and behavioral competencies needed)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)(SharePoint & Teams Admin), with knowledge in other collaborative products or multi-media tools being an advantage
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online (QBO)
- Proficiency with at least one time-keeping software
- Proficiency with at least one project management tool
- High-level communication and presentation skills and ability to interact with a diverse set of professional disciplines, partners, and stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines
- Good working knowledge of administrative procedures, Accounting principles, Laws of Egypt and Customer and Personal Service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic required and strong writing skills in English are required
- An Advanced degree, preferably in Business Administration (MBA)
- 7 years of progressive work experience including 3 years in a senior management level, within the professional services industry in the public and/or private sector