Transport for Cairo (TfC) is a strategic advisory practice in the domain of sustainable urban mobility. We work on:
- Sustainable urban mobility planning
- Policy analysis and design
- Applied urban informatics
- Capacity development and training
- Program design and management
- Project appraisal and market research
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Operations & HR will enable the team to perform their work; raise and maintain the level of service execution and team member satisfaction.
The Director of Operations & HR will be responsible for
- Operations, including portfolio and resource management, management analysis and development processes;
- Talent functions, including acquisition, development and retaining;
- Finance functions, including resource management, banking, insurance and cost estimation;
- Accounting & compliance functions, including auditing, payroll, processes; procurement, legal, social security and tax compliance.
The position requires an experienced, motivated self-starter who thrives in ambitious, international, and fast-changing environments. A keen interest to learn and work on the forefront of professional services is vital for success in this position.
The position is highly flexible in its interpretation. Alternate titles based on previous experience include Head of Ops & HR, General Manager and revolve around reduced responsibilities. Position may be full-time or part-time based on applicant preference. Work-from-home encouraged after onboarding. Position will manage a team consisting of an accountant and HR specialist.The position is a full-time position. This is a rolling admission process; first applicants will be contacted sooner.
- Design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, maintain company processes and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Organizes resources and activities across multiple projects as well as maintain interdependencies between projects to maximize returns, knowledge exchange. Monitor business performance across portfolio. Identifies and mitigates project risks.
Talent & Resource Management
- Plan and implement human resources activities and staff of an organization. Perform Job analysis and position description. Recruit, screen, interview, or place individuals within TfC and within projects.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records. Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions. Manage & implement talent administrative tasks as required.
- Design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, maintain companny processes and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
Finance & Management tasks
- Plan, direct, or coordinate accounting, investing, banking, insurance, securities, and other financial activities of TfC.
- Maintain project and portfolio level budgets.
- Cost Estimation: Prepare cost estimates for TfC operational activities, projects and team members.
Bookkeeping, Accounting & Auditing tasks
- Operate & manage accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Prepare & assist in the preparation of budgets, annual financial accounts, management accounts, expenses and revenue estimates and cash flow forecasts as required.
- Supervise shared services staff and check figures and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes. Coach shared services team members.
- Manage company cash, cheques, bank accounts.
- Comply with government, partner organisation, client and company policies, procedures, and regulations in legal, taxataion and social security matters. Liase with legal team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Highly developed creative thinking, problem-solving, research, analytical, oral and written communication skills required
- 3-7 years of progressive work experience within the professional services industry in the public and/or private sector
- Responsibility for all of the following: Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing; Payroll & Timekeeping; Procurement and Compliance.
- High-level communication and presentation skills and ability to interact with a diverse set of professional disciplines, partners, and stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Administrative procedures, Accounting principles, Laws of Egypt and Customer and Personal Service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Administration or other relevant fields
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), with knowledge in other presentational and organizational products or multi-media tools being an advantage
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Proficiency with at least one time-keeping software
- Proficiency with at least one project management tool
- Fluency in Arabic required and strong writing skills in English are required.
Salary Range and Benefits
- Annual Gross Salary will range between 350K and 625K EGP
- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policy
- Benefits include Health Insurance, Laptop Allowance and Personal Allowance
This is a rolling admission process; first applicants will be contacted sooner.
This is a full-time position based in TfC’s office in Cairo.