Full Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for a Full Stack software engineer to work with TfC’s Team, to develop and maintain our data collection and analysis platform. S/he will be working at the intersection of software, data and urban and transportation worlds.
This is an opportunity to work in an agile environment across multiple projects and teams. This position requires cross-border collaboration: Working with, and as an interface between, the Field Research Team and the Data Team. It requires building an end-to-end understanding of the data collection, data-post processing, and data analysis pipeline.
We are interested in the person more than the role, so do not let the lack of prior transport domain experience hold you back.
- Design & develop end-to-end, ensuring services are secure, fast, and reliable for our clients.
- Maintain and enhance performance for developed services.
- Gather & incorporate feedback from TfC’s research & data teams and clients.
- Design & develop new system components following the microservice approach.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes and analysis processes.
- Maintain and improve quality of work through code reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Ability to work with an agile team and organize epics and stories.
- Knowledge of Database MongoDB and Postgres.
- Microservice and Micro-frontend knowledge is a must.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems.
- Must have experience working with Linux OS.
- Knowledge of AWS or GCP cloud provider.
- Knowledge of K8s or other automating deployment tools is highly preferred.
- English – high proficiency, verbal & written communication.
- Salary will be commensurate to experience, qualifications and expected workload.
- Health insurance.
- Social insurance.
- Working from home policy.
- Expense account and Equipment benefit.
- 21 working day paid annual vacation.
- Friendly team and a comfortable working environment (Cairo office).
How to Apply
To apply please send:
- Cover Letter
- Github / Gitlab / npm or any other source control tools.
The subject must include the position title and your name.
The letter of motivation should include, at minimum, why you would like to work in the technology and transportation sector.
Quality referrals and recommendations are highly appreciated.
This is a rolling admission process; first applicants will be contacted sooner.