S/he will be working at the intersection of software, data and urban and transportation worlds. S/he will work with a special focus on automating and optimizing all of our processes.
This is an opportunity to work in an agile, continuous project across multiple teams. This position requires cross-border collaboration: Working with, and as an interface between, the Field Research Team and the Data Team. It requires building an end-to-end understanding of the data collection, data-post processing, and data analysis pipeline.
We are interested in the person more than the role, so do not let the lack of prior domain experience hold you back.
- Build and architect end-to-end, ensuring that it is secure, fast, and reliable for our customers.
- Work in an agile team and continuously refine our own processes for maximum efficiency and fun.
- Maintain and enhance performance for developed services.
- Develop and architect new system components following the microservice approach.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes and analysis processes.
- Help yourself and others maintain and improve their quality of work through code reviews.
- Ability to working with an agile team and organize epics and stories.
- Knowledge of Database MongoDB and Postgres.
- Microservice and Micro-frontend knowledge is a must.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems.
- Must have experience working with Linux OS.
- Knowledge of AWS or GCP cloud provider.
- K8s and other automating deployment tools are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
- English – high proficiency, verbal & written communication.
- Proficiency in one additional programming language, e.g.: Python, R, C++, or C.
- Salary will be commensurate to experience, qualifications and expected workload.
- Health insurance.
- Social insurance.
- Working from home policy.
- Expense account and Equipment benefit.
- 21 working day paid annual vacation.
- Friendly team and a comfortable working environment (Cairo office).
How to Apply
To apply please send:
- Github / Gitlab / npm or any other source control tools.
The subject must include the position title and your name.
The letter of motivation should include at minimum, why you would like to work in the technology and transportation sector?.
Quality referrals and recommendations are highly appreciated.
This is a rolling admission process; first applicants will be contacted sooner. Final applications will be accepted on March 31th 2021.