We are looking for a Data Scientist to work with TfC’s complex data operation, to discover the information hidden across data layers, we will rely on her/him to extract insights to help us see more and understand more.
S/he will be working at the intersection of the data, urban and transportation worlds. S/he will work with a special focus on identifying, understanding and categorizing transit services, transit stops and terminals, transit quality indicators, land-use and much more…
This is an opportunity to work in an agile, continuous project across multiple teams. This position requires cross-border collaboration: Working with, and as an interface between, the Field Research Team, the GIS Team and the TfC Partners. It requires building an end-to-end understanding of the data collection, data-post processing, data management, data transformation and publication process; interpreting GIS data and problem-solving.
We are interested in the person more than the role, so do not let the lack of prior domain experience hold you back.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes and analysis processes.
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Ability to working with an agile team.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, e.g. Python, R, C++, or C.
- 2+ years of experience as data scientist.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
- English – high proficiency, verbal & written communication. Additional knowledge of French or German preferred.
- Salary will be commensurate to experience, qualifications and expected workload.
- International Travel
How to Apply
To apply please send a letter of motivation and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject must include the position title and your name.
The letter of motivation should include at minimum why you (would like to) work in the technology and transportation sector.
Quality referrals and recommendations are highly appreciated.
This is a rolling admission process, first applicants will be contacted sooner. Final applications will be accepted on October 15th.