Transport for Cairo is looking for an experienced Accountant to manage TfC’s accounting operations. His/Her responsibilities include preparation of financial reports, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with auditing preparation and taxes declaration, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
This position requires a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and local policies and regulations. It also requires high organization and communication skills, accuracy and attention to details, and problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
This is a part-time position (8hrs/working week). You will be reporting to the Business Operations Specialist and working closely with the company management and TfC’s auditor.
- Post entries into QuickBook Online (QBO) on weekly basis.
- Prepare the monthly payroll entry in coordination with the Business Operations Specialist.
- Ensure all entries posted into QBO are in compliance with International Financial reporting standard, GAAP and QuickBooks accounting and reporting manual.
- Initiate payments into the banking system or writing bank checks, while ensuring segregation of duty for each paid document is strictly observed between posting and payments.
- Ensure all entries posted into QBO are in compliance with government, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash accounts on a monthly basis.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Maintain documents workflow system.
- Reconcile bank accounts and clear any discrepancies in the balances by researching and analyzing the account information.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and errors as reported by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Manage calculation, declaration, and payment of taxes, in coordination with TfC’s Auditor.
- Issue, track and follow-up on collection of receivables
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and regulations.
- Work with other projects staff to understand projects activities and appreciate the existing linkage with finance.
- Take initiative to understand budget preparation, implementation and monitoring process and the overall financial management of the projects.
- Contribute to and enforce internal policies and procedures related to accounting and financial control.
- Undertake other assignments assigned by the Business Operations Specialist and TfC’s Director.
- Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting Major
- Minimum (5) Years of professional experience in accounting.
- Solid working knowledge of QuickBooks online accounting software.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office tools
- English – high proficiency, verbal & written communication.
- Arabic – high proficiency, verbal & written communication.
- Salary will be commensurate to experience, qualifications and expected workload.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill-in the application form and upload your CV and a letter of motivation through this link.
Quality referrals and recommendations are highly appreciated.
This is a rolling admission process; first applicants will be contacted sooner.
Final applications will be accepted on March 8th.