Transport for Cairo is looking for an Accountant to support in managing TfC’s accounting operations. His/Her responsibilities include preparation of financial statements and reports, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with auditing preparation and taxes declaration, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
This position requires a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and a general understanding of the local policies and regulations. It also requires high organization and communication skills, accuracy and attention to details, and problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
This position will be also working closely with the company’s Management and the external auditor and a Consulting and Business Advisory firm.
- Post entries into QuickBook Online (QBO) on daily basis.
- Prepare the monthly payroll entry in coordination with the Business Operations Specialist.
- Ensure all entries posted into QBO are in compliance with International Financial reporting standard, GAAP and QuickBooks accounting and reporting manual.
- Initiate payments into the banking system or writing bank checks, while ensuring segregation of duty for each paid document is strictly observed between posting and payments.
- Ensure all entries posted into QBO are in compliance with government, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash accounts on a monthly basis.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Maintain document workflow system.
- Reconcile bank accounts and clear any discrepancies in the balances by researching and analyzing the account information.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and errors as reported by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Manage calculation, declaration, and payment of taxes, in coordination with the company’s external auditor.
- Issue, track and follow-up on collection of receivables
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and regulations.
- Work with other projects staff to understand projects activities and appreciate the existing linkage with finance.
- Contribute to and enforce internal policies and procedures related to accounting and financial control.
- Manage the company’s contribution to social security and relevant paperwork.
- Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting Major.
- 1-2 Years of professional experience in accounting.
- Experience in working and communicating with external auditors.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks online accounting software is preferable.
- English – high proficiency, verbal & written communication.
- Arabic – high proficiency, verbal & written communication.
- Salary will be commensurate to experience, qualifications and expected workload.
How to Apply
- To apply, please fill-in the application form and upload your CV and a letter of motivation through this link.
Applicants can apply until 12 August 2021, (Midnight Cairo, Egypt). Expected starting date 12 September 2021.
- Quality referrals and recommendations are highly appreciated.
- This is a rolling admission process; first applicants will be contacted sooner.